For the last 10 years, a troop of Seattle actors have gathered to tell holiday stories. Although sometimes Grinchy, these stories have always been festive and delightful.
This year’s program includes the following works:
- Jean Sherrard performing selections from John Updike's "The 12 Terrors of Christmas”
- Paul Dorpat telling Rev. Henry Reeves’ "The Green Mountain Justice"
- Marianne Owen telling Patricia Mayer's "Little Precious and the Virgin Mary Pie" (scroll down to listen to this story)
- Andy Stein reading Grace Paley's "The Loudest Voice"
- Peter Lohnes performing Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory"
Town Hall Seattle presented this event on Dec. 6 as part of their Short Stories Live series. Jean Sherrard curated.
Please be advised, there is one expletive in this recording, in the “Little Precious” story. We did not bleep it out.
LISTEN: "Little Precious"