The old wooden rowing shell that hangs in the University of Washington crew team’s dining hall doesn’t look all that remarkable. You see boats like it in many nautical-themed restaurants. But this particular wooden boat — the Husky Clipper — is special. It carried nine UW athletes to an Olympic gold medal at the 1936 games in Berlin.
- 'I've Got Your Back,' Obama Tells Residents Of Flint, Mich., Amid Water Crisis
- How Much Does It Cost To Educate A Student In Michigan? (Or, In The U.S.?)
- Justice Department Says North Carolina Bathroom Law Violates Civil Rights
- Ex-Chemist In Massachusetts Was High On Drugs At Work For 8 Years
- Syrian Army Declares 48-Hour Truce After Intense Fighting In Aleppo