For many young Latina girls, there’s no rite of passage more important than the fiesta quinceañera. Traditionally it’s a party that celebrates a girl’s transition to a young woman when she turns 15. But it’s much more than a party. It’s more like a debutante ball, and it can cost as much as a wedding. Now, financial advisors are cautioning parents to take it easy.
We’ll sneak you into the party and let you steal a peek at the bill.
Other stories from KUOW Presents, January 30:
- Northwest Winemakers Hope To Whet-The-Whistle Of China's Emerging Middle Class
- Women Cab Drivers in New Delhi
- Why Rural Families Want Guns
- Highway Life
- James Baldwin Quote
- Poet Suzanne Edison on Parenting a Chronically Ill Child
- Stretching the Resume
- Michaela Murphy: New Directions
- 25 Objects That Tell Seattle's Story
- Cross-Cultural Adoption