Episode 38: Introducing The Newest RadioActivians
- Le'Jayah Washington shares the story of a Seattle rapper, M-Eaze, who's working 20-hour days to get his home town on the map.
- Varun Dhananjaya finds out that Macklemore's hit song "Thrift Shop" has inspired teens on the East Side to go thrift shopping. That rubs some thrift shop aficionados the wrong way.
- Riley Guttman reports that proposed tolls on the I-90 bridge would cost students who commute to Mercer Island for school.
- Yafiet Bezabih's mom has a stable job and a red Honda. But when she was his age, she was a refugee fleeing war in her homeland of Ethiopia.
- Nolwenn Delisle talks to a high school student who lost all of her hair — and says it's the best thing that ever happened to her.
Plus, the slang of the month returns in style — on wheels, cruising to the beat!
RadioActive is KUOW's youth radio program, and all the stories here are produced by young people age 16-21. Listen to RadioActive stories, subscribe to the RadioActive podcast and stay in touch on Facebook.
Applications for RadioActive's summer workshop are due May 13. Apply here!