Tue August 6, 2013
The End Of Men And The Rise Of Women
Women now comprise 50 percent of the workforce. But for the most part, they’re not running big companies or Congress and they’re still getting paid less.
Looking at the statistics, Hanna Rosin sees big changes coming. She documents these changes in her book, "The End Of Men: And The Rise Of Women." With universities now dominated by women, Rosin sees men struggling to adapt to a changing economy. Meanwhile, she says women, accustomed to being more flexible, are on the ascent.
Full list of stories on KUOW Presents, August 6:
- BBC - Yemen Drones Recalled
- Diary Of A Bad Year: A War Correspondent's Dilemma, Part 6
- The End Of Men And The Rise Of Women
- Should Undocumented Immigrants Be Welcomed In Detroit?
- Maga Barzallo Sockemtickem Goes On Record With “Where I’m From”
- Puget Sound Orcas To Remain Protected
- Writer's Almanac
- Maga Barzallo Sockemtickem's "Where I'm From"
- Get To Know Your Neighbor: Stories About The Best And Worst Neighbors
- William Ruckelsaus On Climate Change
RadioActive Youth Media