Nancy Pearl On The Best Books Of The Summer
What was the best book you read this summer? Book commentator Nancy Pearl joins us with her picks, and we want to hear yours, too.
- "The Woman Who Lost Her Soul," Bob Shacochis
- "Americanah," Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- "Eleven Days," Lea Carpenter
- "A Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Mooreland, Indiana," Haven Kimmel
Recommended By Listeners:
- "Heirs & Spares," J. L. Spohr
- "The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics," Daniel James Brown
- "The Death of Bees: A Novel," Lisa O'Donnell
- "Legends from Camp," Lawson Fusao Inada
- "Lawrence in Arabia: War, Deceit, Imperial Folly and the Making of the Modern Middle East," Scott Anderson
- "Exiled (The Protector Book 1)," M.R. Merrick
- "The Passage: A Novel," Justin Cronin
- "Neverwhere," Neil Gaiman
- "World War Z," Max Brooks
What do you think?
We'd love to hear your thoughts.