Temporary Podcast Producer
Req #: 163862
Posting Date: 01/22/2019
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with education/experience.
Based out of Seattle KUOW serves over one million users every month in the Puget Sound region with NPR programming and award-winning local news and cultural programming.
KUOW's mission is to create and serve a more informed public. Our vision is to broaden conversations and deepen understanding.
KUOW strives to be the finest possible provider of news—both from within our region and beyond. To help in this mission, KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a temporary Podcast Producer to help make one of our news-based podcasts.
- Pre-interviews guests, provides hosts with background research.
- Writes host introductions and interview questions.
- Oversees studio recording sessions
- Mixes audio pieces and and prepares podcasts for publishing
- Gathers sound, conducts interviews in the field as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and one year professional broadcast journalism experience.
- Background in radio production including mixing and studio engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to write and produce effectively under deadline.
- Demonstrated high productivity and knowledge of professional broadcast and journalistic standards and practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to professionally represent the station.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for stated requirements.