Membership Services Manager
Req #: 169667
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 07/08/2019
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Shift: First Shift
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Membership Services Manager will be responsible for acquisition and retention of KUOW members and for achieving our individual giving revenue goals, which represent 60%+ of KUOW’s total revenue. Directs listener-donor direct marketing, on-air and digital fundraising programs, including ancillary programs such as vehicle donations, matching gifts and miscellaneous local giving campaigns. Oversees annual cultivation and stewardship activities for KUOW members. Develops and implements activities that move members through the donor continuum of giving and ensures the viability of membership fundraising vehicles. Collaborates with internal and external experts to re-invent our fundraising future; launch and scale new revenue and membership opportunities to replace diminishing returns from existing fundraising platforms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops strategies and oversees implementation of direct marketing to all donors/prospects for monthly, special and ad hoc mail campaigns. Monitors calendar of activities, ensuring timely deployment of collateral; writes copy as needed. Ensures that collateral is current and well-crafted and that donor solicitation practices conform to State, Federal, University and station policies.
- Directs and oversees on-air pledge drives. Administers in-house pledge drive production with fundraising and station partners. Assigns work. Reviews scripts, works collaboratively with programming and development staff.
- Oversees strategy and integration of digital fundraising activities into annual campaigns and cultivation and stewardship of donors/prospects, including website and email use; drafts messaging as needed.
- Applies deep digital experience (e.g., A/B testing, email marketing) and knowledge of the latest digital communications tools and technologies (e.g., CRM, social, web) to more efficiently grow our member base and retain members.
- Directs and oversees ancillary fundraising programs including vehicle donations, matching gifts, acquisition and miscellaneous local campaigns such as GiveBIG and the King County Combined Fund Drive.
- Manages and coaches current team of five direct reports; with Development managers, hires and develops next generation of fundraising leaders at KUOW.
- Conducts regular analysis on fundraising program performance; sets annual goals and targets for annual fundraising programs; tests for effectiveness and refines processes. Implements course corrections as needed. Ensures relationships with vendors, partners and other contract obligations are productive and reflect positively on KUOW.
- Collaborates with the Director of Development and other managers in annual strategic planning and budget development. Tracks revenue goals, expense budgets and results reporting for the Membership unit.
- Provides other management functions as assigned.
- Supervises the following staff members:
- Membership Services Coordinator
- Development Services Officer – Campaigns
- Development Services Officer – Evergreen
- Development Services Officer – Digital Fundraising
- Major Gifts Program Coordinator
- occasional work study students.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience with significant responsibility for achieving fundraising or customer acquisition/sales goals.
- Direct responsibility for development, marketing, or major gift fundraising activities required.
Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- Must have a working knowledge of direct marketing fundraising, data base management, new media, customer service and fundraising programs.
- Track record of conceiving and launching new, innovative fundraising/customer acquisition approaches and scaling successful programs.
- Analytical skills. Deep comfort with metrics and reporting; presents results, analysis, trends, and benchmark data to Sr. Leadership team monthly/quarterly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
- Budget creation and program tracking/analysis experience.
- Intrinsically motivated and able to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects and deadlines efficiently and effectively. Recognizes and seizes opportunities. Commitment to providing quality service and ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
- Cultural competence and ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people, including people of color, LGBTQ people, financially insecure people, immigrants, religious minorities, and others whose perspectives are underrepresented in the media.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and work collaboratively.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming a plus.
- Occasional local travel expected.
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours. Must have regular and reliable transportation for local travel and a willingness to travel when necessary.