Development Data Specialist
Req #: 169119
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Posting Date: 06/24/2019
Closing Info: Closes On 07/15/2019
Salary: $3,266 to $4,365/month
Union Position: Yes
Shift: First Shift
KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a Development Data Specialist.
Reporting to the Manager of Data and Analysis, the Development Data Specialist is an integral member of the data team and has primary responsibility for the administration and maintenance of KUOW/Puget Sound Public Radio’s fundraising Salesforce database.
The position ensures the accurate recording of donation information used for fundraising reporting and donor communications.
Main responsibilities of the position include data entry and uploads, performing regular data hygiene tasks, troubleshooting data anomalies, and creating and maintaining reports. Additionally, the data specialist provides technical support for all internal KUOW fundraising database users and is the primary point of contact for the fundraising team for database issues. The Development Data Specialist interacts with the data, fundraising, and finance teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage Donations and Data Management - 50%
- Manually enter and/or batch upload data into Salesforce on a daily basis, including but not limited to: donor names, addresses, phone numbers, pledges and payments, and donation premiums from multiple sources including our check processor and online giving. Donation types vary and can include individual gifts, foundation gifts, matching gifts, payroll deductions, and vehicle donations made through a number of different payment methods such as EFT, check, credit card, and PayPal.
- Maintain database integrity including data cleaning, code and campaign updates, identifying and resolving duplicate accounts, monitoring data accuracy and completeness, etc. Research and correct data entry errors as needed.
- Support the work of other teams. Keep the fundraising data dashboard up-to-date with important information required by the fundraising team to carry out regular activities, such as issuing timely gift acknowledgments and other mailings. Assist with reconciliation between the fundraising and accounting databases.
Software Support to Internal KUOW Fundraising Team – 20%
- Train the fundraising team on how to use the Salesforce database. Prepare brief user documentation as needed.
- Trouble-shoot software and data issues and resolve in collaboration with the data team.
- Create Salesforce reports as requested by the fundraising team for aggregated analysis, data monitoring, extracts for solicitation mailings, etc.
- Participate in database enhancements.
Data and Database Projects – 15%
- Participate in and provide expertise on data projects as needed.
- Assist in the design and development of new data processes.
- Provide recommendations based on analyses of data to support the fundraising team … “what is the data telling us?”
Internal Communication – 15%
- Work closely with the fundraising team and serve as primary point of contact for any fundraising-related Salesforce or data matters.
- Attend weekly membership meetings and monitor the data team email inbox.
- Communicate with the data team on current fundraising projects and issues and coordinate with the data team regarding cross-coverage of data entry.
- Coordinate with the Database Coordinator as needed to provide coverage for fundraising team tasks.
- One year of full-time experience as a Data Control Technician II, or equivalent.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree and related work experience to include:
- Experience with completing data entry into fundraising software.
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to complete detailed work within expected timelines and with high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize own work under deadline along with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service to internal and external customers.
- 2+ years of experience using Salesforce for fundraising, including experience with using campaigns, creating opportunities, building basic reports, recording soft credits, creating tasks, merging contacts, etc.