Product Manager, Digital Media Products
Req #: 199987
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 12/01/2021
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $6870 to $9167/month ($82,440 to $110,004/year)
Shift: First Shift
The Product Manager, Digital Media Products is responsible for building digital media solutions through the adoption and provision of digital technologies that support our strategic business plan and fulfill our mission.
Working within KUOW’s new Digital Products division the Product Manager, Digital Media Products is responsible for understanding, identifying, and documenting business needs and developing creative solutions to transform KUOW into a digital media powerhouse.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Define Needs (40%)
- For KUOW website and mobile apps and other digital channels, lead cross-functional teams to understand, identify and document business needs, assess alternatives and options, and develop business cases and solution proposals that support decision making among process/project owners.
- Gather business requirements; understand and provide input into design and user experience requirements. Understands and provides input into technical requirements
- Define stakeholders, objectives, scope, risks, and success criteria and metrics, including KPIs.
Execute Solutions (40%)
- Lead end-user working groups to develop shared understanding of needs, develop consensus related to priorities and requirements, and develop inclusive solutions that balance trade-offs and benefits among process partners.
- Drive functional requirements, user interaction requirements, non-functional requirements, system capabilities, and specifications.
- Organize, prioritize, validate, and manage requirements.
- Drive in developing infrastructure impact statements, feasibility studies, work breakdown structures, risk management plans, communications and change management plans, testing plans, decision logs, and providing user training.
- Proactively acts as liaison between departments and outside vendors for development and maintenance of website and mobile apps.
- Creates buy-in for the product vision with key internal and external partners.
- Drives dialog with Sr. Leadership, internal engineering teams, external vendors, and program management to deliver integrated services that support achievement of our Strategic Business Plan
- Supports change management and adoption of technology-related processes, tools and services.
Position reports to the Senior Director, Digital Product with significant collaboration across all levels of management and KUOW departments
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a technical or quantitative field, e.g. CS, EE, math); appropriate advanced degree (e.g., MS, MBS, MBA) preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in Product Management in digital media platforms and products
- Data- and hypotheses- driven
- Track record of independence, customer obsession, deep diving and delivering results
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral. The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.