Manager, Data and Analysis
Req #: 172754
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 11/22/2019
Closing Info: Closes On 12/05/2019
Salary: $3,935 to $5,292/month
Union Position: Yes
Shift: First Shift
KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a Manager, Data & Analysis to manage KUOW constituent databases and online donation portal. Responsible for entry and account management protocols, query/report construction, and automation requests. The Manager, Data & Analysis also ensures system integrity and is liaison to vendors, reviews and updates operating and training manuals, and trains and manages database personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide data entry protocol in KUOW constituent databases. In consultation with staff, establish and manage protocol for database field assignments facilitating accurate reporting and advanced segmentation functionality. Consult with vendors to maintain software system integrity, customization, and upgrades. 50%
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming. 10%
- Provide analysis of existing and proposed programs and initiatives based on performance benchmarks and database reports. Recommend improvements and efficiencies. 10%
- Act as internal data consultant, interfacing with all KUOW teams, on data needs. 10%
- Create/run queries and recommend report improvements. 5%
- Train and supervise Database Coordinators to become proficient in data entry and in report and query generation. 10%
- Assist with pledge drives and perform other duties as assigned. 5%
Position reports to the Director of Research.
Position supervises the Database Coordinators and task-oriented part-time and temporary employees.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND three years of applicable experience in a project management capacity with emphasis on database management or equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and to exercise initiative and judgment and to manipulate details accurately.
- An excellent understanding of database development and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; to train and direct others.
- Commitment to providing quality service to station staff.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Experience with Salesforce highly desirable.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington and KUOW will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.