Req #: 169770
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 07/11/2019
Closing Info: Closes on 07/25/2019
Salary: $3,120 to $4,157/month
Union Position: Yes
Shift: First Shift
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance, the Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting all payroll and recruiting functions for the station and assisting with fiscal functions as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of all payroll activities for approximately 120-140 staff ensuring that all employees are paid appropriately, errors are caught and corrected, and all departmental, University and Union policies are followed.
- Understanding, interpretation and application of payroll-related policies and procedures for professional staff and bargaining unit staff. Work with the University’s Integrated Service Center to resolve discrepancies.
- Set up and maintain station personnel files.
- Provide department managers with answers and resources for hiring and other personnel questions. Research and troubleshoot with the University when necessary.
- Assist with new recruitment of personnel, including purchasing job postings with external sites.
- Provide orientation information and other onboarding for new hires.
- Train as backup for cash deposits and lockbox reconciliations; posting cash and credit card revenue to general ledger.
- Position may be required to work additional hours during peak periods (pledge, year-end).
- Track payroll expenditures for work-study students and report to departments when awards are exhausted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years of fiscal recordkeeping experience, or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience with Word and Excel.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Good customer service and communications skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and prioritize own work.
- Experience with payroll processing.
- Experience with UW HR policies, and UW payroll systems including Workday.
- An understanding of a non-profit environment and familiarity with public radio programming.