Req #: 161410
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 10/17/2018
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Shift: First Shift
KUOW strives to be the finest possible provider of news—both from within our region and beyond. To help in this mission, KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for an Events Manager.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this position manages and directs strategy and execution for KUOW’s outward-facing events. This position has the responsibility of building the framework for KUOW’s overarching external events strategy across the programming, development and marketing departments. This position's ability to create large and small scale events will help support KUOW's strategic business goals around growing our audience, diversifying our audience, increasing consumption of KUOW content, and converting KUOW consumers to members. Working closely with KUOW’s Chief Marketing Officer and KUOW’s Director of Community Engagement, this position identifies, develops and capitalizes on events that heighten the visibility, presence and position of KUOW as an essential community resource and a convener of discussions on community-based solutions, involvement and opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Serves as the primary project manager for KUOW outward facing events. In this capacity, the Events Manager manages events logistics ranging from defining event goals and objectives, determining event content, event promotional strategy, site identification, contract negotiation for services, decorations, to technical support, post-event communications, and other duties as needed. (40%)
Develops a holistic strategy for KUOW events across departments that integrates the goals of Marketing, Programming, Development and Business Support. In this capacity, the Events Manager collaborates with various departments to create and maintain pipelines for generating revenue and content, identify event goals, and track metrics for success. (25%)
Works with the Chief Marketing Officer and the marketing team (Communications Manager, Aural Content Producer, Social Media Strategist, etc.) to grow and diversify KUOW’s audience by increasing attendance at KUOW Events and producing events that appeal to a younger and more diverse audience than KUOW on-air. (10%)
Works closely with the Director of Community Engagement and the Community Engagement department to develop events that achieve their departmental event goals. (10%)
Collaborates with the Director of Development and Director of Business Support and their respective departments to produce events that help them achieve their departmental goals. (10%)
Responsible for developing and tracking key performance indicators for KUOW Events, such as the number of attendees, the percentage of events that generate content, and the number of new audience member emails acquired from an event. (5%)
May provide supervision over external vendors as required
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in project/event management within a budget and on a timeline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan, anticipate, and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written, online (CMS knowledge preferred) and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders (staff, KUOW members, community partners)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, on a flexible schedule
- Ability to efficiently and effectively travel locally to alternate work sites as needed.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license
- Well-informed in the news and cultural issues of the Pacific Northwest and public radio programming.
- Experience with strategic planning and/or process improvement.