Campaign Strategy Manager
Req #: 199545
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 11/17/2021
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $6,000 to $6,795/month ($72,000 to $81,540 annually)
Shift: First Shift
KUOW has an exciting opportunity for a Campaign Strategy Manager to develop multi-channel holistic fundraising campaigns across the organization – finding better ways to engage existing and new donors in order to make KUOW an organization more donors love every day. The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent strategist, writer and communicator who can wear many hats to strategize and collaborate with diverse teams and is highly comfortable with digital fundraising and marketing tools. This position will lead fundraising projects with various teams and develop fundraising content for a wide variety of campaigns including: on-air, digital campaigns, social media campaigns, email fundraising campaigns, KUOW email newsletters, some marketing campaigns and major donor appeals, and much, much more.
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally and ethnically diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. KUOW believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops strategy, coordinates and is the project manager for all campaigns.
- Manages logistics and creates complex schedules; drafts on-air copy and scripts, as well as designs supporting website, social media copy and solicitation email; produces on-air pitch shifts; communicates with staff.
- Coordinates and oversees supporting on-air air and digital promotions; writes, designs and schedules on-air copy, web and social media copy and related solicitation emails. Ensures deadlines for production are met.
- Collaborates with other departments s to ensure campaign assets are deployed and integrated across all platforms (website, social and podcasts, etc.).
- Drafts copy, designs and provides editing for on-air, website social media and emails.
- Regularly monitors technology needs to optimize campaign performance and assists with training and procedural documentation as needed.
- Attends cultivation and stewardship activities, including donor-related events and assists with events, pledge drives, general membership programs and other duties as assigned. Participates in annual development and marketing planning for Development Department.
- Occasionally provides customer service by answering calls and emails, composes appropriate correspondence as needed and resolves donor inquiries and account problems.
Position reports to the Membership Director
- A bachelor's degree and two years of experience in professional fundraising with demonstrated understanding of best practices in donor management.
- Working knowledge of database programs, competency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must; InDesign preferred.
- Ability to write and design quality donor materials and communications that integrate into the organization’s existing messaging and collateral.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and an ability to communicate successfully in writing, by phone and in person.
- Proven ability to work professionally, collegially and effectively with donors or other constituents, colleagues and the general public.
- Commitment to providing quality service and ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
- Intrinsically motivated and able to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects and deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting. Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming a plus.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.