Lighting a few candles may not seem like a big deal. But for RadioActive youth producer Dulce Saucedo, lighting candles one night when she was 15 years old meant losing her family's home in Seattle's South Park neighborhood. Dulce, now 16, shares this meditation on the night when she lost everything she owned.
When my house burned down I knew in that moment that my life was going to change. That everything wasn't going to be the same anymore.
Originally published on Wed February 6, 2013 2:07 pm
A massive fire that burned 61 homes in Central Washington was likely caused by Department of Transportation contractors. That’s the upshot of a report issued Monday by Washington’s Department of Natural Resources.
The aptly named Taylor Bridge Fire started August 13 right after transportation contractors did some welding work on that bridge. It happened near the mountain town of Cle Elum.
A new state law will go into effect January 1st requiring households in Washington to be equipped with carbon monoxide detectors. Who actually needs to buy one? If you need one, where can you get it? Ross Reynolds talks with Seattle Fire Department’s education specialist Dana Catts.
What are the most common causes of house fires in Seattle and what can be done to avoid fire? Ross Reynolds sits down with Captain Shata Stephenson from the Seattle Fire Marshal’s office and talks about staying fire-free over the holidays.