Dancing Away From Suicide
Wed January 2, 2013
Canadian Tre Armstrong On Why Dancing Is Central To Her Life
Tre Armstrong loves to dance. She's a choreographer and an actor. She's also a feisty judge on So You Think You Can Dance Canada. But while dancing is a central part of Tre’s life today, the need to do it actually grew out of experiences from her very difficult childhood. Tre Armstrong talked with the CBC's Sook Yin Lee about how finding new ways to dance kept her going through tough times.
Other Stories On KUOW Presents:
- The Paradox And Mystery Of Our Taste For Salt
- Iraqi-American Family Caught In Sanctions Nightmare
- Robert Bellah On "Religion In Human Evolution"
- Poet Kathleen Flenniken On Coming To Terms With The Hanford Legacy
- She's Late
- Writer’s Almanac
- Coming To Terms With The Hanford Legacy
- "Celluloid Seattle" (starts 16:18 minutes into the show)
- How To Make Your Brain Smarter