Alethea Arnaquq-Baril grew up in Nunavut, one of the most remote places in remote Northern Canada. After going to film school near Toronto, Alethea wanted to reconnect with her Inuit roots. So after studying old photos and talking with countless elders, she made a decision that was simultaneously old-fashioned and radical: She tattooed her face. Hear how her parents reacted.
Other stories heard on KUOW Presents, February 6, 2013:
- Military Practices Flying Drones Over Northern New York
- Desert Air
- Christopher Stewart On Jungleland
- Storycorps: Philip and Susan McClinton
- Dancing Bear
- KUOW: 60 Years Of Public Radio In The Northwest, Part 3, Challenges Facing Public Radio
- Father John Fergueson On Accepting His Shadow Self And PTSD
- Is Living "All Natural" Worth It?
- Your Stories Of Coming To America