At age 23, Andrew Forsthoefel set out to walk across the United States. He carried a tape recorder and a sign that said "Walking To Listen." When he began, he wasn't quite certain what he wanted out of life. He felt restless and confused. He felt he needed advice — from as many people as possible.
For the next two weeks, we'll follow Andrew on his journey. For just a few minutes each day we'll hear the advice he heard, hear the voices that moved him. And as his journey progresses, his own voice slowly begins to come through. And we find he's painted a bold, beautiful portrait of this country. It's an awesome landscape filled with fragile, generous people.
We invite you step into the shoes of this questioning young man. You might find yourself renewed.
Other stories on KUOW Presents on Monday, April 29, 2013:
- Collapsed Building Search In Bangladesh Into Day 6
- Despite Expert Advice, SPD Won't Sideline Superheroes On May Day
- Dede's Story
- Walking Across America - Advice For A Young Man
- Free Speech In Saudi Arabia Permitted - But Only Online
- Breaking The Cycle Of Human Trafficking
- Jack Abramoff, Reformer
- Writer's Almanac
- Eyvind Kang
- Jim Pugel
- Sticks And Stones