Thu August 1, 2013
A Symphony Of Sirens
What is the sound of Seattle? Metro buses? Drum circles? Every city has distinctive sounds, and collectively, they form a kind of soundtrack beneath the "movie" of your life.
Arseny Avraamov was interested in the sounds of his hometown Moscow. He thought of those sounds as instruments, and he used those instruments to conduct a live symphony called “The Symphony of Sirens.”
Full list of stories from KUOW Presents, August 1:
- BBC - Marijuana May Become Legal In Uruguay
- "The Home Of The Future"
- Diary of A Bad Year: A War Correspondent's Dilemma
- "Symphony of Sirens"
- NW Hackerspaces Double As Private Incubators For Entrepreneurship
- BBC - Rave before work
- Digital Detox Retreats
- Foraging in Seattle
- Writer's Almanac
- Lessons From The Worst Road Trips
- Bucky Pizzarelli
- The Future Of Labor Movements In America