The Space Needle is getting a makeover – the biggest one since its grand opening in 1962.
We were PUMPED when we heard the news.
Remember when they painted the Space Needle “galaxy gold” and then evergreen with those pretty trees?
This is better. Like, glass floors in the restaurant, so diners can see the city below. (No mention of curious "tourists" below with binoculars. Or birds.)
But! Glass panels to contour the observation deck. Karen Olson, vice president of marketing for the Space Needle told KUOW’s Angela Nguyen:
“Everyone loves the Space Needle so we’re taking great care to make sure that it’s, you know, it’s as relevant today as it was when it was created and it will be in the future.”
Awesome. High fives & woots. Now show me some before-and-after architectural renderings!
1. OK, so apparently we’re playing spot-the-difference.
2. Or more like, FIND ZERO DIFFERENCES!
3. You know when your mom remodels her bathroom, but it just looks like she scrubbed out the shampoo scuzz and put up a new shower curtain?
4. I SEE IT! I SEE IT! I SEE IT!
5. This reminds me of a famous 19th century Danish tale...
6. Maybe if we could read the fine print?
It's OK, Space Needle. We love you just the way you are.
Correction 08/08/16: An earlier version incorrectly stated the color the Space Needle had been painted at one time. The correct term is "galaxy gold."