South Korean Group Building Bridges With The North
North Korea announced it would take China's advice and enter talks with the United States. But that doesn't seem likely because the United States says no talks can happen until North Korea takes steps to denuclearize. But North Korea insists on holding on to its nuclear weapons.
One group in Seoul, South Korea, isn't waiting around for the diplomats to work things out. This group's members hope to build bridges with the North now. They want ordinary people on either side of the border to meet up. Their aim: to break down stereotypes and build relationships between North and South Koreans from the grassroots up.
Full list of stories from KUOW Presents, May 23:
- Crowd Funded Science
- Boy Scout Vote Results Expected Within An Hour Could Lift Ban On Gay Youth
- London Attack
- Life After Guantanamo
- Girl Says Losing Her Hair Was the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Her
- Building Small Bridges With North Korea
- Witnessing The Oklahoma Tornado From The Sky
- Baking with the Mafia
- Writer's Almanac
- Duwamish Struggle for Identity
- Prom Stories
- Controversial Bus Ads