Pedro Reyes has fashioned an orchestra from guns. These guns have killed people: rival drug dealers, police informants and innocent bystanders. Now, they’ve been repurposed as musical instruments and they’re touring Mexico and the US.
It’s more than just a novelty performance. The artist considers it a kind of exorcism, and his musicians do not take their charge lightly. It takes a certain reckless faith to hold a gun to your head and know the only thing coming out of the barrel will be music.
Other stories on KUOW Presents, Monday, March 25:
- Two years after Fukushima disaster, doubts of food safety linger in Japan
- Clothes From Slime
- The Blank Journals
- An Orchestra Of Guns
- Prosecutor Penance
- Accessing Teenaged Son's Social Media Accounts After His Suicide A Burden For Grieving Parents
- The Case For Working From Home
- Writer's Almanac
- Immigration Reform In Restaurant Kitchens
- Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson
- The Allergist