History Of Food
Wed December 12, 2012
Nutmeg: No Innocent Spice
Whether it’s sprinkled on a latte or baked into spice cookies, nutmeg is a pretty omnipresent seasoning during the holidays. But the history of this warming spice is centuries long. It’s also surprisingly sad and gruesome. Grab some eggnog and settle in as NPR’s Allison Aubrey explores the dramatic story of nutmeg.
Other Stories On KUOW Presents:
- Villa Aurora: House Of Creativity And Refuge In Los Angeles
- Giulio Tononi On Theory Of Consciousness
- Mea Culpa: An Overdue Apology From A Reporter
- Chemo Eliminates All Your Hair - Not Just The Stuff On Your Head
- Notes From A Six Year Old
- Writer’s Almanac
- It’s Spoonman!
- Nearby Winter Getaways
- Angel Investors