In the news business, reporters sometimes feel a rush from scooping the competition, from being the first to publish a story. For reporter Jason Leopold, the euphoria of breaking a story filled a void in his life, a void created when he kicked his addiction to cocaine. But he found out the hard way that he was just trading one form of addiction for another.
Other stories on KUOW Presents, Thursday, April 25, 2013:
- US Secretary Of State Chuck Hagel Says Chemical Weapons May Have Been Used In Syria
- Professor of Artificial Intelligence Calls For Autonomous Killer Robots To Be Banned Before They're Fully Developed
- What Happens In The Brain When We Dance?
- Fisker Automotive Failed, But Electric Car Market Still Growing
- Bangladesh Factory Collapses
- Why Do Industrial Accidents Keep Happening In Bangladesh?
- The Journalist And The Heroin
- Writer's Almanac
- Burke Museum Birds
- Our Miss Brooks
- Colorado And Marijuana