Missing Oscar This Time, Late Ayatollah May Have Another Chance
“Iranian State TV Declares 'Argo' Oscars Win A Victory For Iran.” That was the headline this morning on the satirical website known as the Pan Arabia Enquirer. But if the late Ayatollah Khomeini missed a posthumous Oscar for his role in the movie "Argo," he may have another chance coming up.
The author Salman Rushdie’s life is ripe for a screenplay. His story began when the Ayatollah effectively placed a hit on him. Then, it was into the attic for Rushdie. Hear the author tell his own story here, before Hollywood gets involved.
Other Stories From KUOW Presents, Monday, February 25:
- Self-Driving Cars
- The Woman Who Didn't Bathe For 28 Years
- Playing Football in Muck City
- Obsessed with Facebook
- Melissa Coleman on a Childhood Spent Back to the Land
- Rushdie: Looking Back On The Fatwa
- Stock Photo Girl
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe And The Gospel Roots Of Rock And Roll
- Writers Almanac
- Obsessed With Facebook
- Mayor McGinn
- Ear Worms