Marry an American, get residency in the US: It's a myth many Americans still believe, promulgated by sitcoms and romantic comedies. But the true story is much more complicated. And it has left thousands of families trying to remain united as borders divides them. Hear the story of one family that commutes everyday from Tijuana to San Diego. They leave at 3:30 in the morning, their kids asleep in the back seat. Clearly this is not the romantic comedy they expected.
Other stories heard on KUOW Presents, Wednesday, February 13:
- The economic costs of violence in Chicago
- American Icons: Because I Could Not Stop for Death
- The Great Gatsby - The Whole Thing, On Stage
- Poet Alice Derry on Mourning a Complicated Relationship
- Balanchine Lives On 30 Years After His Death
- Emily Dickinson
- The Shrinking Private Sector
- Can We Still Afford Higher Ed?