Ben Haggerty (Macklemore) had no idea his quirky songs would become, for several weeks anyway, the most popular music in America, but lightning has now struck twice. And Macklemore's become an unlikely defender of same-sex marriage and a critic of consumer culture. Macklemore talks about his unsual perspective and bringing politics to his music.
More stories from KUOW Presents, Wednesday, February 27:
- In Mexico City, Harvesting Water From The Sky
- Can Money Buy Good Teachers?
- Scott Topper on the Dangers of Writing and Reading
- No Funny Money
- How The Gun Ban In England Was Passed
- Writers Almanac
- Macklemore On Bringing Same-Sex Marriage And Anti-Consumerism To Rap
- Robert Horton
- I Saw U
Want more Macklemore?