Adoption can be a long, painful process for would-be parents. The red tape and the knowledge that there are babies in other countries who need parents can inspire some parents to try adopting from places like Kazakhstan. But that introduces a whole new set of problems.
Other stories on KUOW Presents, Tuesday, April 30:
- The Evangelical Kingmaker Of Guatemalan Politics
- NBA Votes to Keep Kings In Sacramento
- Walking Across America - Advice for a Young Man
- The Story Behind The Success of One South African Magnet School
- Data Storage: A Huge Cost For Businesses
- The International Adoption
- Writer's Almanac
- SPD And Superheroes
- 'The Night Detectives'
- Alcoholism And Drug Dependence