What began as widespread protests in response to a brutal gang rape have evolved into a movement. Its object is to change the way women are treated in India. PRI's Rhitu Chatterjee profiles one girl who seems to represent where girls in India have been - and where they're heading.
Other stories on KUOW Presents, Monday, March 11:
- In the fracking fields, a fight over who regulates
- India’s Shifting Gender Roles: One Girl’s Tale
- Can't Get People Interested In Your Ideas? Hire Someone To Put Them In A Novel
- The Things They Carry: Specialist Lackey
- William Powers On The Art Of Living Small
- The Boatmaker
- Writers Almanac
- Book Deal
- Ron Sims For Mayor?
- Big Data