Wed June 12, 2013
How To Cover Your Digital Footprints
Want to evade the prying eyes of the NSA? Not that you have anything to hide; but even if you did, covering your digital footprints is complicated business. Just because you delete that racy video you uploaded to YouTube doesn't mean it's gone forever.
Realistically, no one can become a digital ghost. Your personal data is like a child you once clothed and fed; a child who has now left home and begun telling embarrassing stories about you to people you don't know.
There are methods, however, for protecting your reputation among regular people without NSA security clearance. Methods that involve obfuscating rather than obliterating your online legacy.
Full list of stories on KUOW Presents, June 12:
- BBC- Syria-Watchers Pin Hopes On Russian-US Meeting
- Canadian Version Of NSA Also Surveilling
- How To Disappear On The Internet
- Frankie The Dog
- Todd Bishop On Xbox Vs Playstation Rivalry
- BBC - Europe Criticizes Turkey's Handling Of Protests
- Photos From The Edge Of North Korea
- Underground Trade Part 7: Modern Day Slavery in America
- Writer's Almanac
- What's In Your Fridge?
- Insanity Plea: A Rare And Misunderstood Defense
Smart Phone Theft