How A Blind Person Can "See" Using Echolocation
Brian Bushway is blind, but he says he can "see" just as well as anyone else using a technique called echolocation. Like a bat, he makes sounds with his mouth to locate and identify cars, bushes, walls and chain link fences. He can even ride a bicycle.
Full list of stories from KUOW Presents, July 30:
- Chinese Make Good Business of Bad Air
- Diary of A Bad Year: A War Correspondent's Dilemma
- Blind Man Uses Echolocation To See
- Wrongfully Convicted Allowed To Seek Compensation From State Starting This Week
- Marjorie Manwaring’s “Church Camp-out, 1978”
- Smart Homes Vulnerable to Intrusion
- How Pacific Lamprey Could Help Nourish Streams
- Writer's Almanac
- The Pope's Press Conference
- Marjorie Manwaring's "Church Camp-out, 1978"
- "The Conversation" Heads To Summer Camp