Lost and abandoned fishing nets kill untold numbers of sea creatures around the world every year. But there's a growing global movement to remove what are known as "ghost nets" and prevent new ones. And it's starting in the Puget Sound.
Full list of stories on KUOW Presents, July 9:
- BBC - Leaked Report on Bin Laden Killing Spares No One From Criticism
- Carbon-Neutral Lunch: Costa Rica Looks to Lead on Climate-Friendly Ag
- SPD Chief Jim Pugil on Police Standoff
- A Shamed Man
- BBC - Honeymoon Aboard A Sinking Ship
- As Immigration Reform Looms, Workers Ponder Legalization
- Ghost-Net Busters
- Seattle-Style Urban Agriculture Faces Obstacles In Many Cities
- Writer's Almanac
- The Staying Power Of LEGO
- Ocean Carbonization
- Should Dogs Be Allowed In Bars And Restaurants?