A Gay Catholic Priest Fights For Position In Church
Father Bernard Lynch says there’s no vow in which Catholic priests promise not to be gay. But that didn’t make Lynch's life any easier. He and other gay and lesbian Catholics in New York City had to hold their own Eucharist (communion) in secret in another church.
It wasn’t until the AIDS crisis, when people suffering from emergent disease couldn’t get comfort from the church, that Bernard discovered why he’d remained a priest through all those years of adversity.
Other stories on KUOW Presents, Wednesday, March 20:
- H-1B Skilled-Worker Visas Under Fire
- Seduction School
- Father Bernard Lynch Fights For A Place In The Church
- You And Your Brain
- The Art of Beatbox
- Language As A Virus
- The Unflattering Jacket
- The Rapper's Rent (The Story Of Homeboy Sandman)
- Writer's Almanac
- Broken Immigration System
- Who Are The Undocumented Workers?
- Higher Education Funding In Washington State