You can bet the U.S. Supreme Court was toasted a number of times over the weekend by same-sex couples and their friends. Last Wednesday, the court overturned a key provision of the national Defense Of Marriage Act. That decision extended federal rights and benefits to same-sex couples in states like Washington where such marriages are legal. But national conservative groups aren’t calling it quits just yet. They’re working to stop the spread of same-sex marriage to other states.
Full list of stories from KUOW Presents, July 1:
- Egyptian Protests Over The Weekend
- Why A Spike in King County's Homeless Refugees Is Tough To Measure
- Ralph Nader, Etiquette Expert
- A Doctor, His Patient And An Arm Reunited In Vietnam
- Student Loan Rates Double Today
- The Amazing Shoes
- Same Sex Battle Not Over For Conservatives
- Writer's Almanac
- What Motivates The Tea Party?
- United States of Debt
- Does Jailing Juveniles Lead To More Crime?