Dipping Below The Surface Of Puget Sound
Most of us walk around on the surface of the earth, thinking that's all there is. But divers know better. There's just as much going on under the water as there is on land. We hear how dipping below the surface completely changed one diver's perspective.
This unusual interview comes from the podcast Here Be Monsters. Its creator, Jeff Emtman, is one of the recipients of KUOW's Program Venture Fund. He'll be moving to Seattle to do some reporting for us this summer.
Full list of stories from KUOW Presents, May 20:
- Bombings in Iraq today
- Dreamliner Up In The Air again
- Gun Store Owner on Gun Control
- Finding and Photographing Luke Skywalker's House in Northern Africa
- Spanish Village Wins Lottery - Splits Prize - Only One Villager Left Out
- US Chinese Blind Activist on Obama
- How much would you spend to save your sick pet?
- John Dips Below
- Writer's Almanac
- Zombie Fishing Nets Being Vanquished In Puget Sound
- Temple Grandin and the "Autistic Mind"
- Is Technology Oversold As The Solution To All Our Problems?