Author Cheryl Strayed’s mother had just died. Like many in our region, she turned to nature for solace. And hiked a big part of the Pacific Crest Trail. The PCT is a place where you can keep on walking until your mind finds stillness, or at least until you're eaten by a bear.
Want more Cheryl Strayed? Hear Ross Reynolds interview her on KUOW.
Other Stories on KUOW Presents, Tuesday, February 26:
- Mexico’s Bat Man: Fighting to Protect Maligned Creatures
- Twenty-four Hours in the Pit: A Barbeque Primer from Clyde Biggins
- First Overnight At A White Kid's House
- Cheryl Strayed on Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
- Caught in Tomas Saraceno's Web
- The Art Con
- Writers Almanac
- Hiking The Pacific Crest Trail
- TB/HIV Activist
- Regulating Marijuana