It was dark and rainy in most of Seattle. But inside a glittering event space, hundreds of middle-aged, mostly-white Madison Park residents were dressed for summer: Men in bright seersucker suits and saddle shoes. Women in sherbet-colored silk dresses and matching hats with plumage.
- AC/DC Cofounder And Guitarist Malcolm Young Dies, Age 64
- To Save Their Water Supply, Colorado Farmers Taxed Themselves
- Azzedine Alaia, French Fashion Designer Known As The 'King Of Cling,' Dies
- Palestinians Threaten To Suspend Talks If U.S. Closes PLO Mission
- Thousands March Through Zimbabwe's Capital To Urge Mugabe To Step Down